All MetalShaping

All MetalShaping (https://allmetalshaping.com/index.php)
-   Comments and Suggestions (https://allmetalshaping.com/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Testing the "rating" option (https://allmetalshaping.com/showthread.php?t=11792)

Richard K 06-23-2014 03:13 AM

Testing the "rating" option

Thought I'd try out the rating deal. I tried it on someone else's thread. I selected average and the thread now says "average" even with just one vote. Then I tried Excellent and that thread is now rated excellent. So I wanted to try TERRIBLE but thought maybe I shouldn't do that to somebody's thread.

I wonder If I can rate my own here.

Edit: So now this is a one star thread (TERRIBLE). I can rate my own work!!!
Try it out here and see how it works.

Personally, I think it is adding a bunch of fluff to the board. If you are impressed or otherwise by the post, write a few words about it.

hillman 06-23-2014 03:21 AM

Richard,
this is downright terrible.:D

Maxakarudy 06-23-2014 04:00 AM

Thanks Richard,
I couldn't turn down the opportunity:lol:

echnidna 06-23-2014 04:15 AM

instead of terrible I reckon it oughta have a rat's ring classification :D

ekdave1962 06-23-2014 04:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maxakarudy (Post 98739)
Thanks Richard,
I couldn't turn down the opportunity:lol:

me neither .. but im sure you know our rating are just jest :-)

Tom Fritz 06-23-2014 05:28 PM

Richard,
I agree with the fluff. Too touchy, feally.:D Just post what you want to say.

Tom

Marty Comstock 06-23-2014 08:23 PM

of many boards I am on, this one is too nice. can hardly disagree without upsetting people.

Kerry Pinkerton 06-23-2014 11:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marty Comstock (Post 98822)
... this one is too nice. can hardly disagree without upsetting people.

I disagree Marty. You can disagree with folks here to your hearts content as long as both parties keep it civil. It's only when someone gets their nose out of joint that the admins step in and close the thread or remove the posts.

Admittedly some folks have thinner skins than others and take any question as a personal affront. imo, it's all in how you present the argument.

Marty Comstock 06-24-2014 04:34 AM

I do not always present it well.

When someone shows their "something" and asks for an opinion, and i cannot in all honesty give mine because I dont have much positive to say about it, I do not say anything and this person thinks they have the greatest product because they did not get any negative feedback in any manner, presented well or not.

I think this forum is too nice sometimes. jus sayin. :o

Maxakarudy 06-24-2014 05:37 AM

Three is no such thing as "too nice", what too nice means, is that you have to think about your reply constructively, not just through off the cuff remarks, that can be over negative for effect or humour.
It's a self filtering monitroring situation, so if you can't express your comments arcticulately, then it's best not to comment.
Yes, some people are sensitive about their work and if like me, you think twice about posting stuff that might be rediculed without constructive critique,then people ain't gonna post stuff.
All of the above comments apply to me aswell